Saturday & Sunday, April 27 & 28, 2019
• 1 to 5 p.m. both days.
• Free—but bring spending money for food and shopping.
Explore Los Angeles during the Victorian era. Enjoy music, dance, fashion shows, historic house tours, demonstrations, and much more. Period attire is encouraged.
-Music by the Philadelphia Quadrille Band
-Dance demonstrations and lessons with Renée Camus and Dancers
-Self-guided tours of the museum's historic houses and cemetery
-Fashion programs by Natalie Meyer
-Explore death and mourning with Sarah Chavez of the Order of the Good Death
-Frontier Snake Oil Salesman, Dr. Malatesta
-Performances by the Workman High School Dancing Lobos
-Pianist Dennis Aguilar in La Casa Nueva's Music Room
-Vintage bicycles displayed and ridden by Steven and Shaun Thomas
-Demonstrations and info booths staffed by local organizations
-Crafts and games
Special to Saturday:
-Members of the Kizh Gabrieleño Band of Mission Indians sharing the history of their people
-An up-close look at native California animals with the Wildlife Waystation
-The Southern CA Medical Museum presents Bloodletting, Blistering, Bloodsuckers, and Good and Laudable Pus
-Performances by the Hsi Lai Temple Youth Orchestra
-Magician Misty Lee exploring Spiritualism and séances
-The Southern CA Medical Museum presents From Oh? To Ah! Accidental Discoveries
Picnicking is welcome and the following food trucks will be on hand: The Bakery Truck, Piaggio, Burning Buns, and Ragin' Cajun.
In the event of rain, the festival will be canceled.
Ticket to the Twenties
Saturday & Sunday, October 6 & 7, 2018
• 3 to 7 p.m. both days
• Free—but bring spending money for food and shopping. Food trucks on hand: The Bakery Truck, Piaggio, Mac'd N Loaded, and Ragin' Cajun.
• 1920s dress is encouraged and Prohibition will be strictly enforced!
• Sorry, no pets allowed--only certified service animals are permitted.
Come join the fun at the Homestead Museum's annual celebration of the Roaring Twenties!
Special to Saturday, October 6:
- Dean Mora and His California Poppies (3:30-7)
- Night Blooming Jazzmen (3:30-7)
- Ian Whitcomb presenting Britain Bounces Back, a special talk about British pop music during the Jazz Age (5)
- John Cox presenting Houdini Among the Spirits (4 & 6)
- Team Trivia Challenge (6:30)
Special to Sunday, October 7:
- Janet Klein and Her Parlor Boys (3:30-7)
- Art Deco Society of Los Angeles presenting vintage fashion shows with a visitor costume contest taking place after the first show (4:30 & 6)
- The Curious Hilarious Stage Show, an interactive puppet show presented by the Animal Cracker Conspiracy (3:30 & 5:45)
- Lively talks about Prohibition and cocktails of the '20s by Rich Ohtsuka (4:15 & 6:30)
- Self-guided tours of the museum's two historic houses and private cemetery
- Ukulele sing-alongs and tutorials (uke sing-a-long at 4)
- Dance demonstrations and lessons with The Hollywood Hotshots (3:30-7))
- Silent films with live musical accompaniment by Michael Mortilla (3:15, 4:15, 5:15, & 6:15)
- Performances by the Workman High School Dancing Lobos (4 & 6:30)
- Fabulous '20s vehicles lovingly restored by members of local car clubs
- Vintage bicycles displayed and ridden by Steven and Shaun Thomas
- Pianist Dennis Aguilar in La Casa Nueva's Music Room (4-6)
- Crafts and games