Stay up-to-date about upcoming programs by subscribing to our e-mail list! Sign up here.
Historical Flash Fiction & the Extraordinary Point of View
Saturdays May 19 & 26, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. both days
• Free; reservations are required.
Saturday & Sunday, May 19 & 20
• Tours depart both days at 1, 2, 3, & 4 p.m.
• Free; tour sizes are limited and space is available on a first-come, first-served basis
What's in the basement you ask? This tour will show you! See basements and other areas that are seldom seen by the public.
Hour-long tours are free, but space on each tour is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note: The tour includes multiple staircases that cannot accommodate visitors with limited mobility.
Family Picnic Day
Sunday, May 27, 12 to 4 p.m.
• Free; no reservation required.
• Traditional picnic setups only (no umbrellas, pop-ups, grills, radios, or access to electricity).
Families come in all shapes and sizes. Celebrate with yours at the Homestead! Bring a picnic to enjoy on the beautiful grounds of the museum, play games, make crafts, and take a tour of our historic houses. Enjoy a special performance of Proposin', a one-act play, at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m on the Workman House porch!
White Glove Workshop: The Basics of Textile Conservation
Saturday, June 9, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• $30 for adults; $25 for seniors (55+) and students
• Advance registration is recommended.
Learn different types of cleaning methods used by museum professionals to care for your precious textiles. All workshop tools, including textiles for hands-on activities, will be provided. Beginners welcome! Space is limited!