Ticket to the Twenties
Saturday & Sunday, October 6 & 7, 2018
• 3 to 7 p.m. both days
• Free—but bring spending money for food and shopping. Food trucks on hand: The Bakery Truck, Piaggio, Mac'd N Loaded, and Ragin' Cajun.
• 1920s dress is encouraged and Prohibition will be strictly enforced!
• Sorry, no pets allowed--only certified service animals are permitted.
Come join the fun at the Homestead Museum's annual celebration of the Roaring Twenties!
Special to Saturday, October 6:
- Dean Mora and His California Poppies (3:30-7)
- Night Blooming Jazzmen (3:30-7)
- Ian Whitcomb presenting Britain Bounces Back, a special talk about British pop music during the Jazz Age (5)
- John Cox presenting Houdini Among the Spirits (4 & 6)
- Team Trivia Challenge (6:30)
Special to Sunday, October 7:
- Janet Klein and Her Parlor Boys (3:30-7)
- Art Deco Society of Los Angeles presenting vintage fashion shows with a visitor costume contest taking place after the first show (4:30 & 6)
- The Curious Hilarious Stage Show, an interactive puppet show presented by the Animal Cracker Conspiracy (3:30 & 5:45)
- Lively talks about Prohibition and cocktails of the '20s by Rich Ohtsuka (4:15 & 6:30)
- Self-guided tours of the museum's two historic houses and private cemetery
- Ukulele sing-alongs and tutorials (uke sing-a-long at 4)
- Dance demonstrations and lessons with The Hollywood Hotshots (3:30-7))
- Silent films with live musical accompaniment by Michael Mortilla (3:15, 4:15, 5:15, & 6:15)
- Performances by the Workman High School Dancing Lobos (4 & 6:30)
- Fabulous '20s vehicles lovingly restored by members of local car clubs
- Vintage bicycles displayed and ridden by Steven and Shaun Thomas
- Chef and historian Ernest Miller speaking on Prohibition
- Crafts and games